CANT MISS EVENT @ ASU FEBRUARY 3rd, 5-6PM
Relax, it’s just a major (and the rest of your life)
Choosing a college major can be incredibly challenging and unsettling to say the least… Because it feels like you’re actually choosing the course and direction for the rest of their life. But let’s be honest, that’s the reality!
Sadly, most students aren’t going to college these days to learn something that they’re profoundly and passionately curious about; they’re going to college primarily or solely, to establish a foundation of knowledge and credibility for a particular career.
Which isn’t in itself the problem; it’s the simple fact that the vast majority of college students don’t really know what they want to do with their lives – they’re still trying to figure it out.
As a result, 80% of college students still change their major at least once, and on average, change their major at least 3 times.
And they’d probably change it again, if they had more time and money!
The fact is, most students, even those that have declared a major, aren’t certain about it – they don’t have clarity, confidence or conviction about the kind of work they truly want to do, and the impact they want to make on the world. As a result, they can’t decide what best to study.
It makes sense. Sadly though, most people never truly figure it out…
Evident in Gallup’s annual workplace reports:
- 87% of the worldwide workforce is “unengaged” in their work.
- 70% of employees in the U.S. are “unengaged” in there work, and college-educated Americans are less engaged than their counterparts that didn’t go to college.
- Unhappy employees outnumber happy ones around the world, by 2:1
So there’s good reason for college students to be uncertain, confused, concerned and even scared!
How confident are you that you’ve figured it out?
You should attend this event:
- If you’re uncertain, confused or concerned about your life’s work, and college major as a result.
- If you’re a student that wants to do meaningful work, but haven’t yet figured out what kind of work would be most meaningful to you.
- If you’re a student that has already chosen a major, and you can’t clearly articulate why you believe your chosen major will help you leave your own mark on the world.
Space is limited, so reserve your spot today!
|CLICK HERE TO GO TO RSVP PAGE|